Monday, November 22, 2010

Fresh Taco

Fresh Taco, Ridgewood

799 Cypress Ave
Ridgewood, NY 11385

freshtaco.com

Yelp Review

From the website





















In order to fulfill my promise to "not be fancy" in my type of reviews, I wanted to talk a bit about the local taco joint in my neighborhood.  It was after a night of watching a movie in Central Park, and therefore skipping the traditional dinner hour, we were starving by 10pm.  Neither of us were in the mood for pizza, and fast food like McDonalds and Burger King no longer hold me in their fatty grip.   so it was a choice between bad Chinese food, a chicken joint, or Mexican.  Given our neighborhood, there is a lot to choose from in those 3 options.  We decided on Fresh Taco.


The prices here are low, so I wasn't too optimistic on the quality.  But it really wasn't bad!  I had a grilled steak taco and a quesadilla.  The taco was small but tasty.  I wish they used thinner tortillas for the quesadilla, it was a bit too doughy for my taste.  He got a nachos and burrito.  The nachos were really large and loaded.  The burrito is actually more like a huge soft shelled taco, unlike the more traditional rolled up variety.  If I were to go back, that would be my choice.  



No comments:

Post a Comment