Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ferrara Bakery and Cafe

Ferrara, Little Italy

From the website


http://www.ferraracafe.com/nyc/

195 Grand St
New York, NY 10013

Yelp Review












On a brisk but sunny Saturday afternoon, my friends and I were walking around Chinatown, but with all that walking and browsing we decided that we needed a bit of a pickmeup.  A good place to go for some sugary treats and caffeinated beverages? Little Italy of course.


We walked along Mulberry Street and turned down a cross street, where we saw the gelato truck right outside Ferrara Cafe.  Apparently the claim to fame is that this cafe is America's oldest espresso bar.  But this cafe is also replete with yummy Italian desserts, different kinds of coffee and tea, and a nice place to sit and chat for awhile.  I had the cappuccino, my boyfriend the Italian soda and a trio of gelato in a dish that we both shared.  The gelato (gelati?) I chose were raspberry, hazelnut and chocolate.  My boyfriend liked the chocolate one the best, but I preferred the hazelnut.  It had this smooth nutty taste that went really well with my coffee.  My friends took the trio of miniatures option to share.   I would like to come back and try their other desserts.  When I go back to Chinatown for cheap buys, I most definitely will be stopping back here to rest up.

No comments:

Post a Comment