Monday, November 1, 2010

Casa Bella Restaurant

Casa Bella Restaurant, Little Italy

From the website


http://www.casabellarestaurant.com/index2.html

127 Mulberry St, New York, NY 10013-4603 (212) 431-4080 ()

Yelp reviews








Needless to say, Little Italy is awash in Italian food and owners desperate for your business.  I do wonder if there is constant turnover and each trip is different from the next.  As I was a tourist I never knew, so I should keep an eye out from now on.  Anyway, the restaurants are all quite similar: a waiter or maitre'd beckoning you in, spinning you tales of wonderful meal and wine specials.  Really if you want to feel special, walk down Mulberry St, you will never feel this wanted at other restaurants.  I haven't had bad service or bad food at one yet.  There's always one or 2 that stands out from the rest.  I will be sure to mention those exemplary ones in other posts.

My friend, Bre and I went here on my birthday weekend for dinner.  Like I said, it was just a random choice, mainly because as we were looking at the menu outside, I suddenly was pulled in by one of the staff with "Bella, come come, fantastic specials tonight!"  Pause for a second and that's what happens.

It was a pretty standard experience.  The wine was good, the waiter was attentive.  Bre decided on this fantastic appetizer to share, the bufala fritti.  So awesome.  It is fried buffalo ricotta with marinara.  Absolutely delicious and if there is an opportunity to eat that, jump on it.  For dinner, I had the lobster ravioli.  It was in a creamy wine sauce, and while not the best I ever had it was good enough that I wish the portion was a bit larger.

So my verdict is that this is a good meal, although not a place I imagine coming to again and again.
This place also isn't as bad as some yelp reviewers made it out to be.  The food was delicious, the people were nice and the check was reasonable.  Enough to keep me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment