Tuesday, March 15, 2011

San Remo Pizzeria and Restaurant, Ridgewood

San Remo Pizzeria and Restaurant, Ridgewood

5601 Myrtle Avenue
Ridgewood

http://sanremopizza.com/pizza.htm


Yelp Review



Yeah, I'm sure they do.  from http://sanremopizza.com/pizza.htm

Just a word about pizzeria.... why not pizzaria?


After some intensive research (25 seconds on google) I found the answer to this: 

"Pizzeria" is the correct one, because it’s a store ("-ria") where you make "pizze" (that’s "pizzas" in Italian). It’s pronounced "pee-tseh-ree-ah" in standard Italian, and if you wanted more than one pizzeria, that’s "pizzerie" ("pee-tseh-ree-eh").

Anyway!

There is no shortage of establishments that sell pizza in NY.  It's most likely the state dish.  Off to google to confirm this.  Verdict: According to wiki, apples (huh, right, I'm so sure...) and the state muffin is an apple muffin...oh the creativity.

But it is a good pie to try when not in the mood for mediocre (but oh so childhood nostalgic for me) Little Ceaser's pizza.  They are a bit costly in comparison to dominoes and the ilk, but the pie is huge.  That is a huge thing going for NYC; huge pizzas.  I also had an order of buffalo wings, but I wasn't as happy with that.  The dipping sauce looked inedble so I threw it out.  And the wings had no plump to them, and they just tasted like a cheap brand from a supermarket, not restaurant quality.  I'd order the pizza again, but I think we may as well try other places for a bit more quality that matches the price point.

No comments:

Post a Comment