Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pepe Rosso to Go

Pepe Rosso to Go, SoHo
149 Sullivan St
New York, NY 10012


website: http://www.peperossotogo.com/index.php

Yelp Reviews

From website



















This place is tiny... TINY! The counter is about 2 feet from the tables, of which there are about 5 with means maybe a total of 10 people can dine at one time.

I met up with my friend Yuki one coldish Thursday night for dinner and drinks.  She works in the neighborhood and this place is highly recommended by her.  She also came early to stake out a table (we also dined at the right time, b/c 30 minutes later we are being stared at for our table, haha).  The deal is, order at the counter, get your own plastic cup of wine, silverware, olive oil for bread dipping and other things at a cabinet on the other side of the restaurant (maybe 5-10 feet opposite the tables).

The menu has different specials and standard italian fare, but everything is homemade, and if you feel like watching, the kitchen is right behind the counter.  I had the Penne shrimp with arugula, chop tomato and olive oil.  It was huge, everything tasted so fresh and I ate the whole thing, no problem.  Yuki had the spaghetti pesto, which I had a bite of.....I might have that for next time!  I would definitely come here again, especially with the prices being very moderate for SoHo.  Hopefully I would find a seat!

No comments:

Post a Comment