Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Thai Village

Thai Village, Ridgewood

881 Woodward Ave
Ridgewood, NY 11385

http://www.thaivillagenyc.com/

Yelp Reviews

This is our go-to take-out for our neighborhood. Absolutely a stand out from a majority of other restaurants in this small part of Queens.  It's the best here, but probably not the best of the best ever.  Damn good in any case, and quite inexpensive.

It probably isn't fair to even rate the food here since David and I get the same order all the time.  Maybe next time I will branch out and try one of their curries, entrees or other special dishes.  I'm pretty positive I won't be disappointed.

So the appetizer we always get: Vegetable spring rolls.  Divine.  Crispy and piping hot.  The plum sauce it comes with is sweet but not too overwhelming.  In fact I sometimes let it seep onto my main dish, since it still complements it.

The entree I always get:  Pad Ke-Mao.  Which is basically drunken noodles.  I only had drunken noodle for the 1st time in Boston at a Thai-French Fusion restaurant.  It was soooo good but yet I had a hard time finding it in other restaurants (mainly I'm sure b/c it is called different things at different places). But I found it in Thai Village and it is comparable. I've had two kinds at Thai village: the Beef is good as well as Shrimp (although the tail isn't taken off. Boo!)  Slippery broad noodles, and a spicy garlic sauce and I have to stop myself from eating the whole thing at once.  If not, I risk a huge bellyache from all that noodle-y goodness. 

The entree David always gets: Spicy Basil Tofu.  Which is everything it promises.  And he finishes it in one satisfied sitting.

So in the foreseeable future, this is neighborhood food of choice.  I wish to find more restaurants with  this kind of quality food!

No comments:

Post a Comment