Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wild Ginger

Wild Ginger, Williamsburg Brooklyn

212 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11211


http://www.wildgingerny.com/



Yelp Reviews

http://www.milwaukeeveganbakesale.com/blog/


This is a Pan-Asian vegan restaurant with a very pretty decor and very good service.  The food here can be quite amazing as long as you order the right thing.  The way they cook seitan is damn near miraculous and this is the only place I had crispy tofu that actually has crunch. And dessert is a must.

The first time we came here, we had the crispy tofu.  Terrific.  Made me consider getting a deep fryer for first time in my life.   When we came there the second time with David's sister and her husband, I believe we got the crispy watercress & soy cheese wontons as well as crispy soy nuggets (my mind is a bit fuzzy on this detail.  Could have been the Sapporo).  Either way the wontons were excellent and I would get that again as well.

I had the General Tso's Soy both times I have been here because how could I go wrong with deep fried tofu covered in a tangy sauce.  I can only hope it's somewhat healthier than a chicken version, but I doubt it.  It is served with ample broccoli and brown rice.  Speaking of the rice, I typically don't care for brown rice but here.... it is hard to explain, but all I can really say how non-bland it is.  Very good.  Ame got the General Tso's as well, and her husband a soy dish that had so much sauce I thought it would overwhelm the meal.  But no he ate it all up.  David liked his meal the second time (lemongrass tofu)  vs the first (tofu and mixed veggies.

The dessert was a vegan cheesecake.  I almost never get dessert at restaurants anymore, but yelp had advised a big old yes to it.  I regret nothing.  Rich and chocolatey and I am simply amazed there is no dairy in it. A perfect ending to a filling meal.  And meant to be shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment